Thankful Fall Tree – This fun craft is easy for kids to make and will help them remember that Thanksgiving is about more than just a lot of food and football games.
Thankful Fall Tree
What you will need:
1. Brown craft foam sheets
2. Construction paper in red, yellow, orange and green
6. Black marker
1. With a pencil help your child draw a tree trunk and branches on the brown craft foam. If the children doing the project are very young you may want to draw the tree.
2. Cut out the tree.
3. Trace around the tree shape on another piece of brown craft foam.
4. Cut out the duplicate tree trunk.
5. On one of the tree trunk cut a slit in the center starting at the bottom and ending about an inch before the branches of the tree start.
6. On the other tree trunk cut a slit in the center starting in the middle of the branches. Make the slit only about an inch long.
7. Put the two tree trunks together by sliding them into the slits. Make sure that they are perpendicular to each other. If needed you can make the slits longer so that the bottom of both trees is even.
8. Cut out leaves from the construction paper and let the kids write things they are thankful for on the leaves with a black marker.
9. Tape the leaves onto the tree branches.
You May Also Like – Turkey Cookie Server Centerpiece