This fun way to serve cookies will be a hit with kids, and makes a fun centerpiece for any Thanksgiving get-together.
What you will need:
1. Shoe box with lid
2. Brown paint
4. Brown craft foam
5. Yellow construction paper
6. Red construction paper
7. Googly eyes
8. Hot glue gun
9. Glue sticks
10. Ingredients for your favorite sugar cookie recipe
11. Yellow and red icing
12. Utility knife
14. Saltwater taffy
15. Popsicle sticks
1. Paint the lid and outside of the shoebox brown. You may need to apply a couple of coats of paint, especially if the shoebox has vibrant colors on it.
2. Allow the paint to dry.
3. While paint is drying cut a bowling pin shape out of the brown craft foam.
4. Plug in the hot glue gun and make sure it has glue in it.
You May Also Love – Thanksgiving Day Craft For Kids
5. Cut out feet for the turkey and a beak from the yellow construction paper.
6. Cut out a small peanut shape from the red.
7. Use the hot glue gun to adhere the googly eyes, beak and red piece to the turkey on the smaller end of the brown bowling pin shape.
8. Let glue dry.
9. Glue the two feet to the underside of the box.
10. Glue the bowling pin shape to the side of the box.
11. Make and bake sugar cookie recipe. When rolling and cutting out dough use a sharp knife to cut out feather shaped cookies.
12. When the cookies have cooled completely, begin attaching the Popsicle sticks to the back by pulling a piece of saltwater taffy in half, then rolling it with your fingers until it is sticky. Push the taffy onto the cookie with the Popsicle stick and let it sit for a minute before picking up.
13. When all of the cookies have had a stick attached to the back, turn them over and spread icing on them. Make an even number of red and yellow feathers.
14. Let the icing harden and dry slightly.
15. Use the utility knife to poke holes in the lid of the box behind the turkey’s head.
16. Push the cookie on the Popsicle stick through the hole.
17. Continue this process until you have made a thick plumage of cookies for your turkey.